.

.

Friday, November 15, 2013

About the House of Hades and Blood of Olympus Predictions.

I read House of Hades a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. I was super excited to see Hazel get the spotlight in this book, and Frank's character was developed too. I absolutely adore the Leo Calypso romance. It's perfect. And poor Bob. I also love Nico's character development. I should have realized earlier that he was gay.

So, as the title of this blog post says, I have predictions for Blood of Olympus (that's the next book title, OMG). I'll begin by writing the survival chances for each of the characters:

Percy: Won't die. If he does I will hunt down Rick Riordan and shove him in a toilet. But, seriously, I highly doubt even Rick would kill off the main character of the first series.

Annabeth: Won't die. Percabeth forever. Plus, she's just too smart to die.

Piper: Most likely won't die. I've never been especially attached to Piper, so i wouldn't be super heart broken if she dies, but I doubt that she will. It seems kind of pointless to kill her. For her sake, I hope she plays a bigger role in Blood of Olympus. I know she saved the ship and all that in House of Hades, but that was mostly luck. I think she ought to have a bigger part to play. Why else would she be one of the seven?

Hazel: Probably won't die. I know she's already technically died, but Pluto/Hades doesn't seem at all inclined to send her back to the Underworld. Plus, with her new ability to manipulate the mist, I don't think it would be easy to kill her.

Frank: Might possibly die. He does have that fire proof bag now, but that alone worries me. It seems  anticlimactic to take away the great risk that has been hanging over his head for the entire series. Something will happen with that piece of fire wood, you can bet on it.

Jason: Might die, but I think it's 50/50. He's a very powerful demigod. But then again, there is the prophecy. See my thoughts on that below.

Leo: Has the highest chance of dying. See the prophecy below.

Nico: Probably won't die. Not until he admits to Percy that he's in love, at least.

Reyna: Probably won't die. She's most likely going to stop the demigod war, why would she die?

Octavian: Will hopefully die. But I unfortunately doubt it.


The Prophecy:

Seven Halfbloods shall answer the call:
This has already come true.

To storm or fire the world must fall:
I have a lot to say about this line. First of all, I agree with Piper that this line might refer to Leo and Jason.Technically, this could mean that both Leo and Jason get a chance to destroy Gaea for good, but only one of them succeeds. I also agree with Piper that the person who does not succeed will die. Who will that be? Well, lets see. Jason is a very powerful demigod. He can fly and control the winds. I think he has a good chance against Gaea. Leo, however, does not have such good chances. He is powerful too, but in the end, Jason has a better chance than he does. In this prediction, Leo would die and Jason would ultimately defeat Gaea, though of course it could be the other way around.
I have seen some people online saying that this line refers to the Greek and Roman camps. I doubt it. I believe that they will have to unite together against something in the last book. What that something will be, I don't know, but it will have an important part to play. What was the point of all that annoying stuff Hera did, or the huge quest to get the Athena Parthenos.
Here's another prediction, or rather, a thought. When Jason is talking to the wind god in House of Hades the god (I forget his name) says something like "When it comes time to choose between storm or fire, remember me." This would indicate that Jason has some decision to make that may ultimately decide whether he or Leo survives, or maybe it means something else entirely.
Here's another idea: What if the 'fire' refers to Frank. remember what I said about that stick of fire wood having a big role in the story? What if Frank sacrifices himself (with fire) to somehow destroy Gaea.This wouldn't explain the storm part, but maybe Frank sacrifices himself to save Jason when he is trying to defeat Gaea.

An oath to keep with a final breath:
Ooooh, what could this line possibly mean? It almost certainly indicates death, it probably tells that a certain person dies when keeping an oath. Who could that possibly be? Well, lets think, who made an oath in House of Hades? Remember Leo's promise as he left Calypso? He swore he would come back for her on the river Styx. That means he has to do it. He has to come back for her whether or not doing so would doom the world. This is another reason why I think that "To storm or fire" line means that Leo will die. I think that Leo will have a chance to defeat Gaea, but will choose to save Calypso instead, possibly dooming himself. "An oath to keep with a final breath." Be worried. Be very worried.
I doubt this line refers to Nico's promise to Percy. Or Bob's promise to Nico. I can't think of any other oaths that would make sense in this line.

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death:
This has already come true. I think. Maybe it has some other role to play later on.

Other predictions:
There will be a final battle that somehow is directly against Gaea. Which of the seven demigods will fight it? Which of the seven demigods will be the one to ultimately save the world? Many people have said that Jason will be the one who ultimately defeats Gaea since he is "The main character of the series". But remember, there are seven main characters. All of them will have some part to play. Piper might play a big part, Jason and Leo will most likely make decisions that could either save or destroy lives. Percy and Annabeth have had their time to shine, but they will have important parts to play as well. Hazel's magic will come in handy again, and Frank may use his powers of war to help end the war against Gaea. Am I excited for Blood of Olympus? Well, is the Earth round? Are blueberries delicious? Is Umbridge evil? Duh, of course I am excited! Too bad time travel hasn't been invented yet. I have an entire year to wait.

9 comments:

  1. I agree with most of this but since when has rick told us what the prophecy will be about? Seriously if you ask me anything that rick has the characters say about the prophecy is void. But if this someone is storm someone is fire why not Percy as storm.Maybe this is just me being too optimistic but I think there is a reason Rick had Hazel say that they needed Percy and Annabeth so much and that he sent them to tarturus to face what only one demigod has ever survived( I would say that he had Nico say Percy was the most powerful as a reason too but that can be explained away because Nico is gay for Percy) and that reason is foreshadowing that Percy is more powerful then Jason that Jason will try to be storm but can't and so Percy comes in with his hurricane and does what Jason can't. I hope this happens but I doubt it nkt at all because of some peoples theory that Jason is the main character in this series or that Rick is making Jason better because he's doing the opposite to me I doubt it beacause like I said earlier Rick would never actually tell us what a line of the prophecy means thia far before it. The theory with storm and fire representing greek and roman I like except I feal like it's too obvious so my favorite is Frank's wood. I can't agree more that rick would not just take away his biggest fatal flaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, Rick has confirmed that not all of the seven will return home. The last line might not mean death, the troll does like to trick us after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that leo is the one who will die because not only of his oath but because of his past especially cause gaea visited him directly but not to other demigods, my question is why would gaea want to break leo's spirit why not the other seven and she also said that the fates wouldn't allow her to kill leo,YET! And I also think he will die because of his talk with nemisis. and in HOH it said that either leo or jason could die while defeating gaea or the earth. I think this will happen, I think that leo will die while defeating gaea, cuz to me he is the one that deserves to be a hero in the end the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The part of the prophecy "an oath to keep with a final breath" most likely refers to Leo. He has so far made the most notable promise yet. And if you think about it, the prophecy happens in order. The seven demigods were gathered, Piper raises the question in the House of Hades of about the storm or fire part (how only one can survive), Leo promises Calypso that he will return by swearing on the River Styx, and a Titan and a Giant help Percy and Annabeth escape from Tartarus. All of that cannot be a coincidence. And if you think about it, all the earlier prophecies in the Percy Jackson and Olympian Series happened in order. Why would Rick Riordan break that trend now? Having said that, I think people are taking the prophecy wayyyyy to literally especially the about the oath. What will happen is Leo will save the world by his fire powers making the storm or fire part of the prophecy true, and Jason will die while helping (sorry Piper). And he will go back to Calypso. The Blood of Olympus is going to be one of the last Percy Jackson books for a while that tell about his life. Rick Riordan will obviously have to satisfy the readers by supplying enough information on all of the Seven's lives to keep us happy for a little at least. So, anyway, Leo will go to Calypso but he won't due. On Calypso's Island he will become immortal and live happily ever after with her. It will be his final breath of mortality that he will keep his promise with. He won't have a final breath before death, he will have a final breath of mortality before going into immortality. He won't die, he will just stop being mortal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people are over looking key things. The Southern Wind god shifted between two forms, the fiery Greek, and the stormy Roman, and told Jason he would have to decide. It was a pretty big hint towards Storm and Fire being the two camps.

    What are Greeks famous for? Greek Fire. What did the Legion Eagle do? Fire lightning bolts. Lots of people have made Oaths, not just Leo, so don't lock that line down yet. It could refer to Reyna's duties are Praetor and her oath to serve the Roman Empire. It might talk about Nico's promise to take the Parthenos and stop the battle. Or it could be the obvious, and talk about Leo's promise to Calypso.

    Hell, if Storm or Fire are referring to people, Storm could be Jason and Percy together and Fire could mean Frank and Leo together. Both characters on either side have connections to that element, so it could happen.

    All in all, I get this really bad feeling that Nico is going to die, and he's gonna send word from the Underworld that he wants Jason to tell everyone his mancrush, or perform some ceremony to partially summon him so he can tell them face-to-ethereal-face. It would be a shame, because he's my baby, but it could happen. Just like anything.

    Or Frank and Hazel will die together, since she's living on borrowed time and he's supposed to have a short lifespan anyway? For that matter, she might promise him that she'll watch over his lifestick, despite being in a fireprrof bag. Then again, no one said that bag was indestructable. Anyone could snatch it out of his hands and tear it to shreds and get to the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that for the whole STORM OR FIRE bit might refer to Percy and frank. It's already mentioned that frank might die for Percy (S.O.N) because Percy cant make a sacrifice, so I think that Percy is doing to attempt to defeat Gaea (storm), but Frank uses his life-stick (fire) to actually defeat Gaea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Leo might defeat Gaea. He does have power over fire. He could burn her somehow, but irdk

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the end, I have a strong feeling that Nico will either die saving Percy and/or Annabeth (for percy) or he'll just go AWOL never to be seen again after helping them defeat Gaea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that the prophecy says " To storm or fire the world must fall", but I don't think that that was meant in a literal sense. When Jason was faced with the South Wind, he chose Greek. The god told him "When you are face with the choice again, remember me and do not be afraid." The god was stormy in Roman and fiery in Greek. I think that the choice is Roman or Greek.

    ReplyDelete