.

.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Allegiant

I finished Allegiant a few days ago. I'm not going to post any spoilers, because I really have nothing to say about the ending specifically. Instead, I'm going to post the link to a post on Veronica's blog that helped me understand the end:

About the End of Allegiant SPOILERS!


The point of books, I think, is to show us different ways of viewing the world. Harry Potter shows us that love is the greatest of magic. The Lord of the Rings show us that even the smallest person can change history. The Hunger Games shows us that there are some things that really are worth fighting for. We might not agree with the idea each book shows us. We might not like the ending of a story, or the beginning or the message that story tells us. But that book is just one way of seeing things, it's just one thought among many. When I read a book, I try to remember that it is only one way of seeing things. The only things in it that are true are the things I choose to take from it. I think that the Divergent trilogy is a story about choices and sacrifices and loss. But it is also about finding your place in the world and being yourself. I think it is a very beautiful story, and even though the ending is sad, it is a way of viewing the world that I choose to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment