.

.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Enneagram: My Opinions and Stuff

As you probably know if you have been reading my blog, I am obsessed with Myers Briggs. Enneagram is another personality typing system that is cool, but not quite as cool. There are nine different personality types. I do not claim to be any kind of expert, but here's my take on each of them.

Type 1: These types are perfectionists. They like being good and following rules.

Type 2: These types are obsessed with helping people. They think that spending their entire lives doing things for other people is the whole point of life for some reason.

Type 3: These types like showing off and being famous.

Type 4: These types like to be unique. The love art and emotional stuff and they are kind of obsessed with feeling bad for themselves.

Type 5:These types like to think. They are very rational and they hate people. They think that if the think enough, all the worlds problems will be solved.

Type 6: These types worry a lot.

Type 7: These types  like to jump out of airplanes and go on wild, crazy adventures.

Type 8: These types are jerks and they like to boss people around. They don't like to be controlled, they like to control.

Type 9: These types hate conflict. They want everything to be all happy and full of sunshine.

I am a type 5 wing 4, I think. I mean, I know I'm a type 5 (that is way too obvious), but I'm not sure about the wing 4. Here are a few links to Enneagram stuff if you're interested:
- Enneagram Personality Test
- Enneagram Personality Test 2
- Way too Much Information on Ennagram

I like Myers Briggs better because it's less confusing and (in my opinion) actually works. Enneagram is a cool idea, I guess, but it doesn't seem reliable to me. Anyway, just my opinion.

I could try typing book characters with Enneagram, but it wouldn't be very accurate. I could also try a MBTI/Enneagram correlation thingy. I'll see if I feel like it. Maybe Enneagram/Hogwarts Houses. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment