.

.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Shadow and Bone, John Green and Other Updates

This post is basically just about what I've been reading and watching recently.

I read Four: A Divergent Collection. I thought I might find it difficult to get into because I read the rest of the series so long ago, but I actually really enjoyed it. Tobias is a great character and I am more than ever convinced he's an ISFJ.

I also finished the Shadow and Bone series. I liked it, thought it wasn't my absolute favourite. I was really absurdly happy about a random thing that happened in the last book. I'm planning on doing a "YA Epic Fantasy" post soon, once I read a few more series.

I have been reading the Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix. I read Sabriel, which I enjoyed and I have also read Lirael, which I enjoyed even more (even though the end was a bit predictable). I am going to read Abhorsen soon.

I have also read a bunch more books by Agatha Christie. I don't know when I'm going to stop reading Agatha Christie, but it won't be soon.

I read Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead. The Vampire Academy/Bloodlines books aren't really the type of book I generally read, but my friend loves them so I read them. The fifth book (or eleventh, depending on whether or not you count Vampire Academy and Bloodlines as the same series) was okay. The ending (while exciting for Sydrian fans) was a bit annoying, in my opinion. I really enjoyed the re-education stuff, though.

I am currently reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. I finished An Abundance of Katherines the other day. I enjoyed Katherines, thought it's realistic fiction and that will never be my favourite. It had math in it, which was fun. Looking for Alaska is good too. I'm going to read Paper Towns next. I put all the John Green books on hold at the library and they all came at the same time.

I am very close to finishing the TV show Merlin. I have three more episodes left. I will post a lot of Merlin stuff once I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment