.

.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book to Movie Adaptations

Recently I have watched three book to movie adaptations. My general rule for movie made from books is that the book is always better than the movie. So far I have not found an exception to this rule. The three adaptations I watched most recently are City of Bones, Eragon and Vampire Academy.

City of Bones was okay. I've heard many people say that it was terrible, but I honestly think it could have been a lot worse.

Eragon was quite bad. At first it seemed like it might be okay but then... it fell so far. I was pretty much shouting at it throughout the entire second half. Seriously. They could have made it so much better.

Vampire Academy was a pretty good adaptation. Though the book is honestly not one of my favourites, I think it was pretty well adapted, even though the plot was changed a bit.

Here's a list of some adaptations I've seen and a rating out of five for how well I think it was adapted. (NOTE: The rating has nothing to do with how much I liked the movie. It indicates how well I think the movie was adapted from the book.)

The Fellowship of the Ring: 5
The Two Towers: 5
The Return of the King: 5
An Unexpected Journey: 5
The Desolation of Smaug: 5
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: 4
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 4
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 3
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 2
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 4
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 3
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: 4
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: 3
The City of Ember: 2
The Lightning Thief:: 1
The Sea of Monsters: 1
The Hunger Games:5
Catching Fire: 5
The Book Thief: 5
Divergent: 5
The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 5
City of Bones: 3
Vampire Academy: 4
Eragon: 1
Ender's Game: 3
Hugo: 5
The Fault in Our Stars: 5
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment