.

.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Book Quotes #1

This is going to be the first in a series of posts containing random quotes from books.


"I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They are running at me."
- The Book Thief

“The future will be what it will, and fretting about it will only make your fears more likely to come true.”
- The Inheritance Cycle

“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
- Divergent

“It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.”
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"A small fact: You are going to die."
- The Book Thief

“The marks humans leave are too often scars.”
- The Fault in Our Stars

“Stupid people are dangerous.”
- The Hunger Games

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."
- Harry Potter

“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.”
- The Perks of Being a Wallfower

“It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
- The Lord of the Rings

“You cannot learn what you are made of if you rely on anyone or anything else to help you.”
- The Inheritance Cycle

“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I wasn't completely alone."
- The Infernal Devices

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
- The Fault in Our Stars

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
- Harry Potter

“Destroying things is much easier than making them.”
- The Hunger Games

“Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.”
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower

No comments:

Post a Comment